Work Hard. Get Ahead.
Our one-year program includes:
- 6 months professional training in IT, Financial Operations, Sales & Customer Support, Business Operations, or Software Development
- 6 month corporate internship with a respected company
- Coursework eligible for college credit
- Weekly educational stipend throughout the program
- Guidance and support from a staff advisor and professional mentor
90% of Year Up graduates are employed and/or enrolled in postsecondary education within four months of completing the program
Our program combines hands-on skills development, courses eligible for college credit, and corporate internships to prepare students for success in professional careers and higher education.
DEVELOP SKILLS YOU NEED FOR THE JOB YOU WANT.
We align our training with corporate partner needs and market trends to ensure that the skills you learn will be in-demand. Learn valuable technical and professional skills, and gain work experience during internships at top companies.
EARN WHILE YOU LEARN.
Earn a stipend throughout the program (both while you train and during your internship) and complete courses eligible for college credit.
GET ONGOING SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE.
Our staff (including program managers, coaches, and student services teams) and our strong alumni network support you in reaching your maximum potential, both as a student and as a working professional.
MEET YOUR MENTOR.
You’ll be paired with an experienced professional. They’re there to give you one-on-one attention and guidance as you make decisions about your future. Ask questions, share ideas, and get expert advice about your career path.
WHO CAN APPLY
Are you eligible?
You can apply to Year Up if you are:
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Mon-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree